Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts for My Son

My son I can still feel the first day I saw your face
It’s a memory burned in my heart that time cannot erase.
Eight long months have come and gone and still you’re all alone.
I promise you until you’re here our house is not a home.
It’s Christmastime, the lights are up, the stockings hung with care
But nothing feels like Christmas because our son’s not here.
Time goes so slow and yet so fast. The pictures show just how.
You’re getting big and growing hair. I wish you were here now.
So many firsts have come and gone. I know that to be true.
First laugh, first tooth, then sitting up, probably first words too.
I hope on your first birthday, I can look at you and say,
“I’m glad we are together on this very special day!”
But I don’t know what time will bring or how long we’ll be apart.
All I know is there is not a day when you aren’t in my heart.

Love Mommy

9 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful!
Oh sweet boy, come home soon.

Our journey said...

What beautiful words straight from your heart. Praying with you. Amy

Dawn said...

That was beautiful and my exact thoughts. It has been 5 months since we first saw our son't face. He will be 1 on March 3rd and we are PRAYING we are home with him by then. We found out we are filing this week....FINALLY!!!

Leann said...

Beautiful. Exactly how I feel. Praying your son home!

Clint and Jennifer said...

My heart goes out to you, girl. That was a beautiful poem.
Keep hanging in there...
We can't wait to meet your little man, and Kelly's especially eager for another play buddy. I saw your comment about the two of them one day... haha... hey, you never know!?!
Those cookies and treats have been so yummy in our tummies- thank you so much- but I must tell you, my hiney has not been as appreciative!
LOL

Jen =)

janettesomera said...

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I pray that he will be in your arms soon.
Your Visalia Friend, Janette

Unknown said...

I'm blessed by your journey, and so grateful he is coming home.

Clint and Jennifer said...

Happy Christmas!!! We can come down if you're going to be home and work on Skype. Let me know! Can't wait to hear from you!
Jennifer
jenkneip@earthlink.net

Emily said...

Well said!!! You expressed the feelings of many waiting hearts! Praying for safe travel!