Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Year Today!!

One year ago today, I got a call from AGCI saying we had a son!!!! He was only 3 months old. I called Paul who had just gotten home from work and told him the news. He thought I was joking. Like I would ever joke about that!! Of course I rushed home from work to see the picture that was waiting on our computer. I couldn't believe I was actually looking at the little boy we had been waiting to meet for over two years. That was our little Jordan! He was perfect. I fell immediately in love. Paul got all teary eyed. It was really cute. He fell head over heels for his little boy. We put on Skylar's Little Sister shirt that we had bought months before. I had to cross out the word little with a marker and write Big next to it. We couldn't believe he was actually younger than her! We took Skylar to the Picture People and had photos taken in her shirt, holding his picture. Now our little guy is home. He is amazing. He is more than we ever imagined. He is our miracle. Our gift from God. We love you so much Jordan!!
We didn't get to give Jordan a birthday cake on his first birthday because we were in Vietnam so we got him (and Skylar) one to celebrate his first year as a part of our family. And yes...I let them eat it for dinner.
Mmmm....this is pretty good!

How much can I fit in my mouth?

What the heck I'll just pick up the whole thing

I will eat my cake like a good little princess
Too cute for words

WHAT?! It's gone???



5 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks like he knows how to enjoy his cake - that's my kind of kid!

Kristi J said...

That is adorable....congrats!! What a journey you had to get him home!! What a blessing!! kristi

Tisha Alexander said...

That is so sweet!!! They both are super cute.

Eastiopians said...

Happy Referralversary! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Christion said...

I can't believe how big Skylar is (you're right - it has been a while!)... how are the doggies?