Saturday, January 10, 2009

Halong Bay

We just got back from Halong Bay. It’s about 9pm here. We are really exhausted, but I had to post pictures because it was just so beautiful. The tour guide was….interesting. On the way there he got on the microphone and sang us a song. I thought I was on candid camera or something. He actually made me pretty mad because he would not stop taking Jordan away from me. Anytime he even let out a little whimper, this guy literally grabbed him out of my arms like I could not take care of him myself. We went around the bay on a boat for about 5 hours. After an hour we stopped at a floating market. The floating markets are like little wooden decks in the middle of the water where you get out and can buy fish. One person bought a bunch of squid and the staff on the boat boiled it. Then they sat there and ate the whole thing with eyeballs, legs, and everything. It was really gross! Next was lunch. They served squid and a whole fish. There was one fish for each table. It had the whole head, eyeballs, and tail. Needless to say I am starving! After lunch we went to a famous cave in the middle of the bay. It was huge. We walked all through the cave and then went to another floating market where some of the Romanian men who were with us got dressed into their Speedos and went kayaking. One of their wives just started changing into her bikini right behind us without anything covering her. She sure screamed when my dad turned around and saw her with her top fully off. One more thing, once today when someone tried to take Jordan from me, he cried and clung to me. That was the first time he has done that with anyone. I was so excited!
Dawn—You wanted to know about the hotels. We are now at the Hanoi Hotel, but we will have to move tomorrow because they are full tomorrow night. The one we did not like was the Lucky Star.

Thanks for Jordan's new shirt Great-Grandma Scott. It came in handy when he peed all over himself and Paul on the boat today!


4 comments:

katygirl said...

ok i literally check the blog like 5 times a day waiting for a new update. i can't wait to meet him!

Emily said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! I've heard that people grab your children from you. The thought of that is so disturbing! I'm not sure how I will react! I bet you guys are ready to be home! We're praying for your safety as you finish up! The picture of Jordan asleep in your bed is adorable!!!

Robin said...

Angela,
I am praising God and ever so happy for you to have Jordan with you at last, and for forever :-)
Blessings,
Robin

4boys and a princess said...

I found this place on line since we have been home. I thought I would tell you about it and you could visit it in Hanoi. They are a miroc lender that help village women to be trained and have jobs.
http://www.vietnam-quilts.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&lang=en
Becky